(100th day, 265 more days to go)…when it comes to running your business.
10 Don’t When You’re Running A Business
(in no particular order)
- Don’t keep your voicemail box full. Always check your messages because a full mailbox indicates you’re too busy for any new business
- Don’t ever tell anyone that you don’t have business cards. There are too many websites that you can get FREE business cards from so no excuses
- Don’t have a business without a website. If your potential client can’t Google you then they will more than likely find another business to spend their money with
- Don’t let your phone number get disconnected. This will let everyone know your business is in trouble or you don’t pay your bills on time
- Don’t talk bad about your clients in front of another client. This is none of their business just do your job and keep it moving
- Don’t forget to include your contact information on ALL your promotional materials.
- Don’t spend too much money on services that help promote your business. You can find services that’s affordable so don’t overpay because you’re too lazy to do extra research
- Don’t mix your personal life with your business. Your clients don’t need to know which bars you frequent every weekend or you date people you meet on Facebook
- Don’t provide a service you know you can’t do. It’s okay if you have to refer a client to someone else…they will appreciate you for that
- Don’t worry about money. If you love what you do first then money will follow